House Of Ludington
Listed in Escanaba Hotels.
In 1864, E. Gaynor built the Gaynor House hotel, which he renamed the Ludington House in 1871, after lumberman Nelson Ludington. In the late 1800s proprietor John Christie enlarged the hotel and renamed the establishment the New Ludington Hotel. An advertisement in the 1893 Michigan Gazetteer and Business Directory read, "New Ludington Hotel-The Largest and Only hotel in the city having Baths, Steam Heat and Electric Call Bells-$2.00 per day." The hotel exemplifies Queen Anne resort architecture, popular in the 1880s and 1890s.
Please note the information provided here may have been collected from a number of sources and should not be considered authoritive. Please check with the property listed for up-to-date information and current pricing information. Unless specified otherwise, all distances are linear and do not represent driving or walking distances.
House Of Ludington223 Ludington Street,
Telephone: (+001) 906-786-6300
House Of Ludington may be a suitable property if you are looking to stay near Gladstone, Bark River, Rapid River, Harris, Nahma, Garden, Cedar River, Trenary, Stephenson or Thompson.